- Secondary Homepage
- Articles, Journals & Publications
- Trainee, NQT & Teach First
- Quality Mark
- CPD, Guides & Support
- CPD Units & Guides
- Briefing Packs
- HA Staffroom
- History Transition
- Initial Teacher Trainers
- Careers in History
- HA Podcast Series
- HA Competitions
- Links, Reviews & Visits
- Event Resources
- World War 1
- Support the HA
The UK's leading professional journal for secondary history teachers, up to and including sixth form colleges.
Make a donation
- Key Stage 1: by Dr Penelope Harnett
- Key Stage 2: by Helena Gillespie
- Key Stage 3: by Dr Michael Riley
- Key Stage 4: by Richard Harris
- 4.1 Introduction: Teaching Emotive and Controversial History at Key Stage 4
- 4.2. Examples of Practice: What are the chances of a lasting peace in the Middle East between Israel and the surrounding Arab states?
- 4.3 Resource: Palestinian news story
- 4.4 Resource: Israeli News Story
- Key Stage 5: by Alison Webb
4.4 Resource: Israeli News Story
Rain of Mortar Shells, Rockets on Negev (26/9/07)
Though ten shells fells short and landed within Hamas-controlled Gaza, others landed near the Kissufim and Erez crossings, and 11 of them fell in the Ein HaShlosha area. Kassam rockets landed near Or HaNer and Mefalsim, in the Sderot area, and near the border fence. No injuries were reported.
One of the shells landed in the water supply of one of the towns - left unnamed for security reasons - and caused damage. Kibbutz Kerem Shalom reports that hundreds of mortar shells have landed in and around the kibbutz in recent weeks.
7 Megawatt Hours Per Rocket
Other committee-recommended means of retaliation for rocket attacks include stopping the supply of mazut (a type of diesel fuel used to produce electricity), and - in the event of a rocket attack on a border crossing - closing the crossing for 48 hours.
Air Strike Response
Christians Under Attack in Gaza
Terrorists targeted soldiers in Jenin with a bomb, and in Shechem's Ein Beit Ilma slums, where the IDF has been operating for over a week, terrorists opened fire on troops. No injuries were reported in either incident.
Copyright Israel National News. Reproduced by permission of Israel National News.