This event has now finished. To register your interest in future CPD courses of this type, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday 27 January – Birmingham: University of Birmingham
Monday 30 January – Leeds: Leeds Trinity University
Monday 6 February – London: British Library (sold out)
Course Leader: Chris Trevor
Price: HA Members £150 plus VAT, non-members £200 plus VAT
Psst! Did you know it's cheaper to become a member and pruchase your tickets at membership rate? You can find details of individual primary membership here.
Have you just been appointed as subject coordinator or subject leader for history in your school? Have you been in the role for some time, but never had any proper training? Join us for this one-day course in which course leader Chris Trevor will take you on a journey through the most important elements of primary history subject leadership
Who this course is for?
This course is for anyone who has been a subject coordinator or subject leader for history in their school. You may be new to the role or established but would like to have some formal training to carry out the role more effectively.
This one day course covers key elements of primary history subject leadership such as
- making the case for history with senior leaders
- enthusing others and leading staff meetings about history
- explore practical approaches to developing an innovative, inclusive and effective history curriculum in your school
- suggestions on steps towards efficient action planning and how to make a wider impact
- also opportunities to discuss current issues in primary history education and a chance to share resources and assessment approaches, plus much more.
To book your place/s at any of the venues above, click here. Delegate information is available to download below.
If you wish to train a group of history subject coordinators we can offer this course on a bespoke basis for teaching school alliances, academy chains and clusters of schools, using the school as a venue for the training. Contact Mel Jones for further details at email@example.com.